Arenal is one of Cost Rica’s top destinations, and for good reason. The volcano is the most active in the country, and regularly treats observers to spectacular eruptions of lava, smoke, and ash. The surrounding park is a cornucopia of nature trails, waterfalls, hot springs, flora, and fauna. It’s also one of the most developed areas in the country, with hostels, hotels and lodges to fit any budget, numerous activities, tours- everything you can imagine. We have a number of options for single and multi- day tours. There are structured tours with everything planned out, or we can arrange transfers and lodging for you and either book activities for you, or leave your days open.
Here’s an example of a one day tour:
• 6.30 Pickup
• 11.00 Arrival Arenal
• 11.00-13.00 guided hiking in the National Park
• 13.00-14.00 Lunch
• 14.30-16.30 Visit Baldi Hot Springs
• 22.00 Back in Flamingo
If you want to visit the area for a few days, it makes sense to include Monteverde, since it’s so close. Here’s an itinerary that leaves a lot of time open for you to choose your own activities once you get there:
• Day 1: You leave your hotel in the Flamingo area at 8am for the 4 hour drive to Volcano Arenal. You stay in a new upscale hotel in the deluxe room with volcano view. The hotel sports a pool landscape with volcano views and a first class kitchen. In the afternoon you can go for a hike in the National Park to see the lava trails and relax after sunset in the hot springs and see the volcano erupt and lava flow (if cloud cover permits).
• Day 2: You will be picked up at your hotel at 8am to ride a Jeep to the shores of Lake Arenal. A boat will take you across the lake to the Monteverde Side. From there you have another 1.5 hours to the cloud forest of Monteverde National Park. Your hotel is in the center of the little town. In the afternoon you can go hiking over the hanging bridges of the Selvatura Park, visit the Butterfly Gardens and the Hummingbird Gallery.
• Day 3: After breakfast you should visit the Reptile and Amphibian Exhibition. For more adventurous types we suggest the canopy tour. It consists of 12 cables on which you swing through the tree tops of Monteverde cloud forest. In the afternoon the air-conditioned van takes you back to Flamingo.
Trip includes: All Transfers, Hotel/breakfast- Contact us for current prices. Along with the usual fares- whitewater, horseback riding, canopy tours, etc.- the area has some special attractions:
• Sky Trek- catch a tram up and a huge zipline down.
• Mountain bike tours
• Canyon (rappelling) tours
• Bat cave tour